Senate Floor Wrap Up for Wednesday, August 1, 2012No ROLL CALL VOTES
Adopted S.Con.Res.55, directing the Clerk of the House of Representatives to make a correction in the enrollment of H.R.1627 (the Honoring America's Veterans and Caring for Camp Lejeune Families Act of 2012).
Concurred in the House message to H.R.1905, the Iran Sanctions, Accountability, and Human Rights Act of 2012 by voice vote.
Discharged the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee and passed the following post office naming bills:
- H.R.1369, To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1021 Pennsylvania Avenue in Hartshorne, Oklahoma, as the "Warren Lindley Post Office".
- H.R.3276, To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2810 East Hillsborough Avenue in Tampa, Florida, as the "Reverend Abe Brown Post Office Building".
- H.R.3412, To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1421 Veterans Memorial Drive in Abbeville, Louisiana, as the "Sergeant Richard Franklin Abshire Post Office Building".
- H.R.3501, o designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 125 Kerr Avenue in Rome City, Indiana, as the "SPC Nicholas Scott Hartge Post Office".
- H.R.3772, To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 150 South Union Street in Canton, Mississippi, as the "First Sergeant Landres Cheeks Post Office Building".
Passed H.R.1560, to amend the Ysleta del Sur Pueblo and Alabama and Coushatta Indian Tribes of Texas Restoration Act to allow the Ysleta del Sur Pueblo Tribe to determine blood quantum requirement for membership in that tribe.
Passed S.1409, the Improper Payments Elimination and Recovery Improvement Act of 2012 with a committee-reported substitute amendment and a Carper amendment.
Adopted S.J.Res.49, providing for the appointment of Barbara Barrett as a citizen regent to the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution.
Discharged the Judiciary Committee and adopted S.Res.519, designating October 30, 2012, as a national day of remembrance for nuclear weapons program workers.
Adopted S.Res.536, designating September 9, 2012 as "National Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Awareness Day".
Adopted S.Res.537, supporting the goals and ideals of National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month.
Adopted S.Res.538, designating September 2012 as "National Prostate Cancer Awareness Month".
Adopted S.Res.539, designating October 13, 2012, as "National Chess Day".
Adopted S.Res.540, designating the week of August 6th through August 10, 2012, as "National Convenient Care Clinic Week".
No EXECUTIVE ITEMS