July 24, 2013 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Wednesday, July 24, 2013
- The Senate will convene at 9:30am on Wednesday, July 24, 2013.
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business for one hour with the time equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees. The Republicans will control the first half and the Majority will control the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of S.1234, the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations bill. Senator Portman will be recognized to call up his amendment #1749 (bridges in critical corridor program). We hope to vote in relation to the Portman amendment Wednesday morning.
- At 3:40pm, there will be a moment of silence in memory of Officer Jacob J. Chestnut and Detective John M. Gibson of the U.S. Capitol Police, who were killed 15 years ago in the line of duty defending the Capitol, the people who work there, and its visitors against an armed intruder.
- We also expect to consider the Student Loan legislation during Wednesday's session.