July 18, 2013 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Thursday, July 18, 2013
- The Senate stands in adjournment until 9:30am on Thursday, July 18, 2013. Following the prayer and pledge, the Majority Leader will be recognized.
- Following the remarks of the two Leaders, there will be a period of morning business for one hour with the Majority controlling the first half and the Republicans controlling the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of Executive Session to consider PN205, the nomination of Thomas Edward Perez, of MD, to be Secretary of Labor, post-cloture.
- All time during adjournment, morning business, legislative session and recess will count post-cloture on the Perez nomination.
- Upon disposition of the Perez nomination, there will be a cloture vote on Executive Calendar #98, the nomination of Regina McCarthy, of MA, to be Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency. If cloture is invoked on the McCarthy nomination, there will be up to 8 hours of debate on the nomination. We hope to confirm both the Perez and McCarthy nominations during Thursday's session of the Senate.