July 16, 2013 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Tuesday, July 16, 2013
- The Senate stands in recess until 10:00am on Tuesday, July 16, 2013.
- Senator-elect Markey will be sworn into office at 10:00am on Tuesday.
- As a reminder to all Senators, during Thursday's session of the Senate, cloture was filed on the following items in the following order:
- Executive Calendar #51, the nomination of Richard Cordray, of OH, to be Director, Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection;
- Executive Calendar #100, the nomination of Richard F. Griffin, Jr, of DC, to be a Member of the National Labor Relations Board;
- Executive Calendar #101, the nomination of Sharon Block, of DC, to be a Member of the National Labor Relations Board;
- Executive Calendar #104, the nomination of Mark Gaston Pearce, of NY, to be a Member of the National Labor Relations Board;
- Executive Calendar #178, the nomination of Fred P. Hochberg, of NY, to be President of the Export-Import Bank of the United States;
- Executive Calendar #99, the nomination of Thomas Edward Perez, of MD, to be Secretary of Labor; and
- Executive Calendar #98, the nomination of Regina McCarthy, of MA, to be Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency.
- We anticipate the first cloture vote to begin at 11:00am. If cloture is invoked on any of the nominations, there would be up to 8 hours for debate prior to a vote on confirmation of the nomination, except for the Perez nomination, which would have up to 30 hours of post-cloture debate. If cloture is not invoked on a nomination, the Senate would proceed to vote on cloture on the next nomination.