Wrap-up for Thursday, July 9, 2015Roll Call Votes:
- Daines SA #2110 (Academic Partnerships Lead Us to Success Act); not agreed to: 44-54
- Brown SA #2099 (site source resource coordinator); agreed to: 98-0
- Toomey SA #2094 as modified (background checks); agreed to: 98-0
- Motion to Invoke Cloture on the McConnell Compound Motion to go to Conference on H.R. 1735, NDAA; agreed to: 81-15
- Reed Motion to Instruct Conferees (OCO funding); not agreed to: 44-52
Passed H.R.2620, to amend the U.S. Cotton Futures Act to exclude certain cotton futures contracts from coverage under such Act.
Passed S.143, United States Merchant Marine Academy Improvements Act of 2015Passed S.1180, Integrated Public Alert and Warning System Modernization Act of 2015, with committee reported amendments.
Passed S.1359, E-Warranty Act of 2015
Adopted S.Res.219, Designating July 25, 2015, as "National Day of the American Cowboy"
Adopted S.Res.220, Commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Medora Musical
Adopted S.Res.221, Recognizing the 100th anniversary of Rocky Mountain National Park
Agreed to the following amendments by Voice Vote:
- Portman SA#2147 (recovery support services)
- Manchin SA #2103 (volunteerism and community service)
- Kaine SA#2096 (career and technical education)
- Heller SA #2121 (consultation with governors)
- Feinstein SA #2087 (homeless certification)
- Fischer SA #2079 (local governance)
- Motion to Instruct the Chair to Appoint Conferees with Respect to H.R. 1735
Notwithstanding adoption of the Gardner amendment #2119, the page and line numbers were modified.
No Executive Business