July 9, 2013 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Tuesday, July 9, 2013
- The Senate stands in adjournment until 10:00am on Tuesday, July 9, 2013.
- Following the prayer and pledge, the Majority Leader will be recognized. It is expected he will renew the motion to proceed to S.1238, the Keep Student Loans Affordable Act of 2013. The time until 11:00am will be equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees with the Majority controlling the first half and the Republicans controlling the final half.
- At 11:00am, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #97, the nomination of Jennifer A. Dorsey, of Nevada, to be United States District Judge for the District of Nevada. There will be up to one hour of debate equally divided and controlled in the usual form. Upon the use or yielding back of time (at approximately 12:00pm), there will be a roll call vote on confirmation of the Dorsey nomination.
- The Senate will recess from 12:30pm until 2:15pm to allow the weekly caucus meetings.
- During Monday's session of the Senate, cloture was filed on the motion to proceed to S.1238. Under the rule, that cloture vote will occur one hour after the Senate convenes on Wednesday.