July 9, 2012 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Monday, July 9, 2012
- Convenes: 2:00pm
- Following the prayer and pledge, the Majority Leader will be recognized.
- As previously announced, there will be no roll call votes on Monday, July 9th. The next roll call vote will be at noon on Tuesday, July 9th.
- At 11:30am on Tuesday, July 10th, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #661, the nomination of John Thomas Fowlkes, of TN, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of Tennessee with 30 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled between Senators Leahy and Grassley or their designees. Upon the use or yielding back of time (at approximately 12:00pm), there will be a roll call vote on confirmation of the Fowlkes nomination.
- Additionally, cloture was filed on the motion to proceed to Calendar #341, S.2237, the Small Business Jobs and Tax Relief Act on Thursday, June 29th. As a result, there will be a cloture vote on the motion to proceed to S.2237 at 2:25pm on Tuesday, July 10th.
- If the Senate does not receive a message that the House has adopted S.Con.Res.51, the adjournment resolution, the Senate will meet on the following dates at the following times for pro-forma sessions only with no business conducted:
- Tuesday, July 3rd at 12:00pm and
- Friday, July 6th at 12:00pm