July 8, 2008 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Tuesday, July 08, 2008
- Up to one hour of morning business, 10 minute limitations.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R.6304, FISA legislation.
- Recess from 12:30pm - 2:15pm for the weekly caucus luncheons.
- Pending amendments to H.R.6304, FISA: Bingaman #5066 (Staying Court Cases) Specter #5059 (Immunity) Dodd #5064 (Strike Immunity)
- This evening Senator Reid yielded back all post-cloture debate time on the motion to concur with the amendment of the House and the motion was agreed to. This was the second of three parts of the House Message.
- Senator Reid then moved to disagree in the amendments of the House (third part) and filed cloture on the motion to disagree. On a procedural note, Senate Reid filled the tree on the House Message, which involved a motion to concur with amendments. If cloture were invoked on the motion to disagree, the motion to concur would fall.
- Under Rule 22, the cloture vote on the motion to disagree would occur Thursday. Senate stands adjourned until 9:30am tomorrow.