June 29, 2011 09:05 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Wednesday, June 29, 2011
- Convenes: 9:30am
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business for one hour with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each with the time equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees with the Republicans controlling the first half and the Majority controlling the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of S.679, the Presidential Appointment Efficiency and Streamlining Act. At approximately 11am, the Senate will conduct up to 4 roll call votes in relation to the following amendments to S.679:
- DeMint #501 (IMF bailouts)(60-vote threshold);
- Portman-Udall(NM)-Cornyn #509, as modified with the changes that are at the desk (Comptrollers of Navy, Army, Air Force; Controller of OMB and department CFOs)(expected voice vote);
- DeMint #511 (legislative & public affairs);
- Toomey #514(strikes the provision relating to the Governors and alternate governors of the IMF and the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development)(expected voice vote);
- Following disposition of the amendments, the Senate will conduct an additional roll call vote on passage of S.679, as amended (60-vote threshold).
- Following disposition of S.679, the Senate will proceed to consideration of S.Res.116, a resolution to provide for expedited Senate consideration of certain nominations subject to advice and consent.