June 28, 2011 09:05 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Tuesday, June 28, 2011
- Convenes: 10am
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider the following nominations, en bloc:
- Calendar #62 James Michael Cole, of the District of Columbia, to be Deputy Attorney General
- Calendar #145 Lisa O. Monaco, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Attorney General
- Calendar #110 Virginia A. Seitz, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Attorney General
- There will be 2 hours for concurrent debate on the nominations equally divided in the usual form. Upon the use or yielding back of time (at approximately 12:00pm), the Senate will proceed to up to 3 roll call votes on the nominations in the order listed. Senators should be aware a roll call vote is expected on confirmation of the Cole nomination. While roll call votes are possible on confirmation of the Monaco and Seitz nominations, we are hopeful the nominations can be confirmed by voice vote.
- Following disposition of the Cole, Monaco, and Seitz nominations, the Senate will recess until 2:15pm for the weekly caucus meetings.
- At 2:15pm, the Senate will resume consideration of S.679, the Presidential Appointment Efficiency and Streamlining Act. We are working on an agreement to complete action on S.679. Additional roll call votes are expected during Tuesday's session of the Senate.