June 28, 2011 06:48 PM
Consent agreement on S.679
- The Senate has reached the following agreement with respect to S.679, the Presidential Appointment Efficiency and Streamlining Act. As a result of this agreement, Senators should expect a series of up to 5 roll call votes (but more likely 3 roll call votes) beginning at approximately 11am on Wednesday, June 29, 2011.
- The following pending amendments will be agreed to by unanimous consent:
- Akaka #512, as modified with the changes that are at the desk (Commissioner of the Administration for Native Americans);
- Carper #517 (GAO report); and
- Paul #503 (Director of the Mint)
- Managers' amendment, which is at the desk
- At 11am on Wednesday, June 29th, the Senate will proceed to vote in relation to the remaining amendments to S.679 in the following order:
- DeMint #501 (IMF bailouts)(60-vote threshold);
- Portman-Udall(NM)-Cornyn #509, as modified with the changes that are at the desk (Comptrollers of Navy, Army, Air Force; Controller of OMB and department CFOs)(expected voice vote);
- DeMint #511 (legislative & public affairs);
- Toomey #514(strikes the provision relating to the Governors and alternate governors of the IMF and the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development)(expected voice vote);
- Further, that the Cornyn amendment #504, McCain #493 and the Paul amendment #502 will be withdrawn; no amendments will be in order to any of the amendments prior to the votes. Upon disposition of the amendments, the bill will be read a third time and the Senate proceed to a roll call vote on passage of the bill, as amended (60-vote threshold). There will be no motions or points of order in order to the bill or any of the amendments other than budget points of order and the applicable motions to waive.
- Following disposition of S.679, the Senate will proceed to the consideration of S.Res.116, under the previous order.