Senate Floor Wrap Up for Thursday, June 26, 2014Roll Call Votes
1) Motion to invoke cloture on Executive Calendar #738, Cheryl Ann Krause, of New Jersey, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Third Circuit; Invoked: 57-39
2) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #897 Stuart E. Jones, of Virginia, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Republic of Iraq; Confirmed: 93-0
Passed S.2076, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy Board of Visitors Enhancement Act with a Boozman amendment.
Passed S.1799, Victims of Child Abuse Act Reauthorization Act with a Coons substitute amendment.
Passed H.R.2388, To take certain Federal lands located in El Dorado County, California, into trust for the benefit of the Shingle Springs Band of Miwok Indians, and for other purposes.
Adopted S.Res.490, commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Cape May-Lewis Ferry.
Adopted S.Res.491, congratulating the Los Angeles Kings on winning the 2014 Stanley Cup Championship.
Adopted S.Res.492, Congratulating "A Prairie Home Companion" on its 40 years of engaging, humorous, and quality radio programming.
Adopted S.Res.493, designating July 11, 2014, as "Collector Car Appreciation Day" and recognizing that the collection and restoration of historic and classic cars is an important part of preserving the technological achievements and cultural heritage of the United States.
Adopted S.Res.494, relative to the death of Howard H. Baker, Jr.
Began the Rule 14 process of the following bill in order to place it on the calendar: S.2562, the Bring Jobs Home Act (Stabenow and others).
Completed the Rule 14 process of the following bill in order to place it on the calendar: H.R.3301, the North American Energy Infrastructure Act (Republican request).
Additional Executive items
Confirmed the following by voice vote:
- Executive Calendar #896 Robert Stephen Beecroft, of California, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Arab Republic of Egypt,
- Executive Calendar #654 Karen Dynan, of Maryland, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury,
- Executive Calendar #557 Esther Puakela Kia'aina, of Hawaii, to be an Assistant Secretary of the Interior,
- Executive Calendar #620 Vincent G. Logan, of New York, to be Special Trustee, Office of Special Trustee for American Indians, Department of the Interior, and
- Executive Calendar #503 Jo Emily Handelsman, of Connecticut, to be an Associate Director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy.