Agreement on Wright, Morin, and Kelly nominations--3 roll call votes expected at 2:30pm and 4 voice votesThe Senate has reached an agreement to vote on confirmation of the Wright, Morin, and Kelly nominations upon disposition of H.R.803.
At 2:30pm today, there will be up to 7 votes (with 3 roll call votes and 4 voice votes expected):
1) Flake amendment to H.R.803 (making the appointment and certification of a new local board permissible instead of required);
2) Lee amendment to H.R.803 (evaluation report requirement);
3) Managers' technical amendment to H.R.803 (expected voice vote);
the substitute amendment, as amended, if amended, will be agreed to following disposition of the technical amendment
4) Passage of H.R.803, as amended, Supporting Knowledge and Investing in Lifelong Skills Act (WIOA)
5) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #499, Jessica Garfola Wright, of Pennsylvania, to be Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness (expected voice vote);
6) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #501, Jamie Michael Morin, of Michigan, to be Director of Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation (expected voice vote); and
7) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #787, Thomas P. Kelly III, of California, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the republic of Djibouti (expected voice vote).