June 25, 2009 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Thursday, June 25, 2009
- Morning Business for 1 hour with senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each. The Republicans will control the first 30 minutes and the Majority will control the second 30 minutes. The Senate considered the nomination of Harold Koh to be Legal Advisor for the State Department.
- The Senate is considering HR2918, Legislative Branch Appropriations, under the following agreement. The only first degree amendments and motion in order to the bill are the following:
- McCain-Nebraska photo exhibit Coburn-online disclosure of Senate spending DeMint-CVC inscription "In God We Trust" Vitter-motion to commit--'09 levels DeMint-audit reform Federal Reserve
- Upon disposition of the amendments and motion, the substitute amendment, as amended, will be agreed to and the Senate would proceed to vote on passage of the bill. By consent, the Senate would insist on its amendment, request a conference, and the chair authorized to appoint conferees on the part of the Senate.
- If a point of order is raised against the substitute amendment, it is in order for another substitute amendment to be offered, minus the offending provisions, but including any amendments which had been agreed to.
- There will be no more roll call votes tonight. The following amendments are pending to HR2918: Nelson (NE) amendment #1365 (Substitute) McCain amendment #1366 (Nebraska Museum)
- The Senate stands adjourned until 2:00pm on Monday, July 6, unless the House of Representatives fails to adopt S.Con.Res. 31, the adjournment resolution. If the House, fails to adopt the adjournment resolution the Senate would convene at 2:00pm on Monday, June 29.