June 23, 2010 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Wednesday, June 23, 2010
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to a period of morning business until 6:30pm with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.
- We expect to begin a series of 2 roll call votes at approximately 6pm.
- Those votes would be on the following motions:
- Motion to table the DeMint motion to refer the House Message to accompany H.R.4213 (Tax Extenders) to the Committee on Finance with instructions to report the same back to the Senate with changes to include a permanent extension of the 15 percent income tax rate on capital gains and dividends under section 1(h) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, and to include provisions which decrease spending or increase net revenues as appropriate to offset such permanent extension. - Motion to table Baucus motion to concur with an amendment (Baucus II substitute).
- Following the votes, we expect to recess subject to the call of the Chair. When the Senate reconvenes, Senator Reid will be recognized to make a motion to concur with an amendment.
- This evening Senator Reid moved to concur in the House amendment to the Senate amendment to HR4213, Tax Extenders, with an amendment (Baucus #4386, which is the new (III) substitute amendment). Senator Reid then filled the tree and filed cloture on the motion to concur with an amendment. The cloture vote would occur on Friday, June 25, 2010, unless an agreement can be reached to vote earlier.