June 22, 2011 09:00 AM
Schedule for Wednesday, June 22, 2011
- Convenes: 9:30am
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 11am with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each with the time equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees with the Majority controlling the first half and the Republicans controlling the final half.
- Morning business has been extended until 12:30pm with Senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each.
- By unanimous consent, the cloture motion with respect to the motion to proceed to Calendar #75, S.679, the Presidential Appointment Efficiency and Streamlining Act was vitiated, the Senate adopted the motion to proceed to the bill and is now considering S.679.
- The Senate then entered into the following consent agreement with respect to S.679.
- The committee substitute amendment was agreed to and will be considered original text for the purpose of further amendment. The time until 3pm today, Wednesday, June 22nd will be a period for debate only.
- Following the debate only time, it will be in order for any Senator to call up any relevant, filed amendment, including a managers' amendment to be offered by Senators Alexander and Schumer. No amendment offered to the bill will be divisible. Further, in addition to relevant amendments offered to the bill, the amendments listed here are also in order:
- Vitter related to czars (60-vote threshold),
- DeMint related to IMF bailouts (60-vote threshold), and
- Coburn related to duplications (two-thirds-vote threshold)
- Upon the disposition of amendments, the bill will be read a third time and the Senate will conduct a vote on passage of the bill, as amended, if amended, with a 60-vote threshold. If the bill does not achieve 60 affirmative votes on passage, the bill will be returned to the calendar.
- Upon disposition of S.679, the Senate will proceed to the immediate consideration of Calendar #45, S.Res.116, a resolution providing for expedited consideration of certain nominations with only relevant amendments in order.
- Finally, upon the disposition of the amendments to the resolution, the Senate will proceed to vote on the adoption of the resolution as amended, if amended.
- There will be no roll call votes during today's session of the Senate.
- The following amendments are pending to S.679, the Presidential Appointment Efficiency and Streamlining Act
- DeMint amendment # 501 (IMF bailouts
- DeMint amendment #510 (Bureau of Justice statistics)
- DeMint amendment #511 (legislative & public affairs)
- Vitter amendment #499 (czars)
- Coburn amendment #500 (duplicative Federal programs)
- Portman amendment #509 (Comptrollers of Navy, Army, Air Force and Controller of OMB)
- Cornyn amendment #504 (strike provisions re: Comptroller of the Army, Navy and Air Force)