June 17, 2010 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Thursday, June 17, 2010
- Following any leader remarks, there will be a period of morning business until 10:00am with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each. The majority will control the first half and the Republicans will control the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of the House Message to accompany HR4213, Tax Extenders.
- At 10:00am, there will be up to 2 hours for debate equally divided on the Thune amendment #4333 (Republican substitute). Upon the use or yielding back of time, the Senate will proceed to vote on the motion to waive the Budget Act with respect to the Thune amendment.
- Additional roll call votes in relation to amendments to the Tax Extenders bill are expected to occur throughout the day.
- The followig amendments are pending to Tax Extenders:
- Coburn amendment #4331 (pay-fors) - Div 1. Disclosing true cost of Congressional borrowing and spending. - Div 2. Reducing budgets of members of Congress. - Div 3. Enacting the White House's proposed 5 percent cut on government spending. - Div 4. Eliminating nonessential government travel. - Div 5. Reducing unnecessary printing and publishing costs of government documents. - Div 6. Disposing of unneeded and unused government property. - Div 7. Auctioning and selling of unused and unneeded equipment. - Div 8. Capping the total number of federal employees. - Div 9. Temporary one-year freeze on cost of federal employees salaries. - Div 10. Collection of unpaid taxes from employees of the federal government. - Div 11. Reducing excessive duplication and overhead within the federal government. - Div 12. Eliminating bonuses for poor performance by government contractors. - Div 13. $1 billion limitation on voluntary payments to the UN. - Div 14. Returning excessive funds from an unnecessary, unneeded, unrequested, duplicative reserve fund that may never be spent. - Div 15. Rescinding a state department training facility unwanted by residents of the community in which it is planted to be constructed. (Maryland) - Div 16. Eliminating a wasteful and inefficient government program (Energy Star). - Div 17. Rescinding unspent stimulus finds. - Div 18. Reducing wasteful energy costs by the Department of Energy. - Div 19. Striking an earmark that increases the Medicare payments for some California doctors. - Div 20. No new taxes.
- Casey #4371 (COBRA) - LeMieux #4300 (2007 spending levels) - Senator DeMint moves to refer the House Message to accompany H.R.4213 (Tax Extenders) to the Committee on Finance with instructions to report the same back to the Senate with changes to include a permanent extension of the 15 percent income tax rate on capital gains and dividends under section 1(h) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, and to include provisions which decrease spending or increase net revenues as appropriate to offset such permanent extension.
- We are currently working on an agreement to vote at 7:30pm on the motion to invoke cloture on the motion to concur in the House amendment to the Senate amendment to HR4213, with Baucus amendment #4369 (substitute). We will set the filing deadline for second degree amendments to Tax Extenders for 7:30pm tonight. If your senator has a germane second degree amendment and would like to preserve their right to offer, please send a signed copy of the amendment to the cloakroom prior to the deadline so that we may filed it at the desk for you.