June 16, 2011 09:05 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Thursday, June 16, 2011
- Convenes: 10:00am
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of S.782, the Economic Development Act. The Feinstein amendment #476 and McCain amendment #411 will be debated concurrently with up to 4 hours of debate with the time equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees.
- Upon the use or yielding back of time (at approximately 2pm if all time is used), the Senate will proceed to 2 roll call votes in relation to the amendments in the following order:
- Feinstein #476, as modified (to repeal the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit)
- McCain #411 (prohibit Federal funds to construct ethanol blender pumps/storage facilities)
- Each amendment will require 60 votes in the affirmative. Upon disposition of the McCain amendment, the Majority Leader will be recognized.
- There will be no further roll call votes this week.
- During Thursday's session of the Senate, Senator Reid filed cloture on S.782, the Economic Development Act.
- Senator Reid then made a motion to proceed to Calendar #75, S.679, the Presidential Appointment Efficiency and Streamlining Act.
- The Senate is now in morning business with Senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each.
- Today's roll call votes:
- The following amendments are pending to S.782, the Economic Development Act:
- DeMint amendment #394 (to repeal Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act)
- Paul amendment #414 (to increase debt limit by $2.406 trillion)
- Cardin amendment #407 (prohibition on interest charges for on-time principal payments)
- Merkley amendment #428 (mortgage servicing)
- Kohl amendment #389 (NOPEC)
- Hutchison amendment #423 (delay implementation of health care reform until pending lawsuits are resolved)
- Portman amendment ##417 (inclusion of application to independent regulatory agencies)
- Portman amendment #418 (Unfunded Mandates Reform Act)
- McCain amendment #412(repeal of Davis-Bacon wage requirements)
- Merkley amendment #440 (Energy Efficient Loan Program)
- Brown (MA) amendment #405 (repeal imposition of withholding on certain payments made to vendors by government entities)
- Inhofe amendment #430 (reduce the amounts appropriated for EDA)
- Inhofe amendment #438 (regulatory assessment)
- Merkley amendment #427 (technical correction to the HUBZone designation process)
- McCain 2nd degree amendment #441 (to prohibit federal funds to construct ethanol blender pumps or ethanol storage facilities) to Coburn amendment #436, as modified (to repeal the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit)