June 14, 2011 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Tuesday, June 14, 2011
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 11am with Senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each with the time equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees, with the Majority controlling the first half and the Republicans controlling the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider the following nominations: - Cal # 73, Claire C. Cecchi, of New Jersey, to be United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey - Cal # 81, Esther Salas, of New Jersey, to be United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey
- There will be one hour for debate equally divided between the two Leaders, or their designees. Upon the use or yielding back of time, the Senate will proceed to up to 2 roll call votes on confirmation of the Cecchi and Salas nominations.
- The filing deadline for all 2nd degree amendments to the Coburn amendment #436, as modified to S.782, the Economic Development Act is at 11:30am on Tuesday.
- Further, following disposition of the nominations, the Senate will recess until 2:15 p.m., for the weekly party conferences.
- At 2:15pm, the Senate will resume consideration of S.782, the Economic Development Act, and the Senate will proceed to a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Coburn amendment #436, as modified (to repeal the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit).
- Following the cloture vote, Senator Rubio will be recognized as if in morning business for debate only for up to 20 minutes for the purpose of giving his maiden speech to the Senate.
- The following 17 amendments are pending to S.782, the Economic Development Act:
- DeMint amendment #394 (to repeal Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act) -Paul amendment #414 (to increase debt limit by $2.406 trillion) -Cardin amendment #407 (prohibition on interest charges for on-time principal payments) -Merkley amendment #428 (mortgage servicing) -Kohl amendment #389 (NOPEC) -Hutchison amendment #423 (delay implementation of health care reform until pending lawsuits are resolved) -Portman amendment ##417 (inclusion of application to independent regulatory agencies) -Portman amendment #418 (Unfunded Mandates Reform Act) -McCain amendment #411 (prohibit Federal funds to construct ethanol blender pumps/storage facilities) -McCain amendment #412(repeal of Davis-Bacon wage requirements) -Merkley amendment #440 (Energy Efficient Loan Program) -Coburn amendment #436, as modified (to repeal the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit) *cloture filed -Brown (MA) amendment #405 (repeal imposition of withholding on certain payments made to vendors by government entities) -Inhofe amendment #430 (reduce the amounts appropriated for EDA) -Inhofe amendment #438 (regulatory assessment) -Merkley amendment #427 (technical correction to the HUBZone designation process) -McCain 2nd degree amendment #441 (to prohibit federal funds to construct ethanol blender pumps or ethanol storage facilities) to Coburn amendment #436, as modified (to repeal the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit)