1) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #523 Crystal Nix-Hines, of California, for the rank of Ambassador during her tenure of service as the United States Permanent Representative to the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization; Confirmed: 52-41
2) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #769, Lael Brainard, of the District of Columbia, to be a Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; Confirmed: 61-31
3) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #771, Jerome H. Powell, of Maryland, to be Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; Confirmed: 67-24
4) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #767, Stanley Fischer, of New York, to be Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; Confirmed: 63-24
Adopted S.Res.473, Celebrating the 20th anniversary of National Men's Health Week.
Adopted S.Res.474, Designating June 19, 2014, as "Juneteenth Independence Day" in recognition of June 19, 1865, the day on which slavery legally came to an end in the United States
Adopted S.Res.475, Congratulating the Alaska Aces hockey team on winning the 2014 Kelly Cup as champions of the East Coast Hockey League.
Adopted S.Res.476, Recognizing the 350th anniversary of the founding of the State of New Jersey and honoring the valuable contributions of people of the Garden State.
Additional Executive items
Confirmed the following by voice vote:
- Executive Calendar #710 Michael J. McCord, of Ohio, to be Under Secretary of Defense.
- Executive Calendar #782 R. Jane Chu, Missouri, to be Chairperson of the National Endowment for the Arts for a term of four years.
- Executive Calendar #776 Todd A. Batta, of Iowa, to be an Assistant Secretary of Agriculture.