June 10, 2009 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Wednesday, June 10, 2009
- Morning Business for 1 hour with senator permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each. The Republicans will control the first 30 minutes and the Majority will control the second 30 minutes.
- Following Morning Business, the Senate will resume consideration of HR1256, the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. There will be 1 hour for debate only prior to a cloture vote on the bill, HR1256.
- The Lieberman amendment fell on a point of order. By unanimous consent, the substitute amendment was agreed to. Cloture was invoked on HR1256. Also by consent, the 30 hours of post-cloture debate began as if cloture had been invoked at 12:05am Wednesday, June 10.
- The Senate is debating HR1256, post-cloture.
- There will be no further roll call votes today.