June 9, 2011 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Thursday, June 09, 2011
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business with Senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each with the time equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees with the Republicans controlling the first half and the Majority controlling the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of S.782, the Economic Development Act.
- There are several amendments pending to S.782. Senators will be notified when votes are scheduled.
- The time until 2:15pm today will be equally divided and controlled between Senators Boxer and Snowe, or their designees, for debate on the Snowe amendment #390 (regulatory reform).
- Upon the use or yielding back of time (at approximately 2:15pm today), the Senate will conduct a roll call vote in relation to the Snowe amendment #390. The vote will be subject to a 60-vote threshold. No amendments, points of order, or motions are in order to the Snowe amendment prior to the vote, other than budget points of order and the applicable motions to waive and the amendment will not be divisible.
- There will be no further roll call votes today.
- Senator Coburn filed cloture on amendment #436 (436, as modified (to repeal the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit).
- The following amendments are currently pending to S.782, the Economic Development Act: -DeMint amendment #394 (to repeal Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act) -Paul amendment #414 (to increase debt limit by $2.406 trillion) -Cardin amendment #407 (prohibition on interest charges for on-time principal payments) -Merkley amendment #428 (mortgage servicing) -Kohl amendment #389 (NOPEC) -Hutchison amendment #423 (delay implementation of health care reform until pending lawsuits are resolved) -Portman amendment ##417 (inclusion of application to independent regulatory agencies) -Portman amendment #418 (Unfunded Mandates Reform Act) -McCain amendment #411 (prohibit Federal funds to construct ethanol blender pumps/storage facilities) -McCain amendment #412(repeal of Davis-Bacon wage requirements) -Merkley amendment #440 (Energy Efficient Loan Program) -Coburn amendment #436, as modified (to repeal the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit) *cloture filed on this amendment -Brown (MA) amendment #405 (repeal imposition of withholding on certain payments made to vendors by government entities) -Inhofe amendment #430 (reduce the amounts appropriated for EDA) -Inhofe amendment #438 (regulatory assessment) -Merkley amendment #427 (technical correction to the HUBZone designation process) -McCain 2nd degree amendment #441 (to prohibit federal funds to construct ethanol blender pumps or ethanol storage facilities) to Coburn amendment #436, as modified (to repeal the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit). The Senate is now in a period of morning business.