June 7, 2011 06:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Tuesday, June 07, 2011
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in morning business for one hour with Senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each with the time equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees, with the Republicans controlling the first half and the Majority controlling the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of S.782, the Economic Development Act. Prior to adjourning on Monday, Senator Reid filed cloture on the motion to proceed to S.782. We are hopeful we will reach an agreement to begin consideration of the bill on Tuesday. However, if no agreement is reached, Senators should expect this cloture vote to occur on Wednesday.
- The Senate will recess from 12:30pm until 2:15pm to allow for the weekly caucus meetings.
- By unanimous consent, the cloture motion with respect to the motion to proceed to S.782, the Economic Development Act, was withdrawn, the Senate adopted the motion to proceed and the Senate has begun consideration of S.782.
- The committee-reported amendment was agreed to and will now be considered original text for the purposes of amendments.
- The following amendments are currently pending to S.782, the Economic Development Act: -Tester amendment #392 (swipe fees) -Durbin 2nd degree amendment #393 (technical change) to amendment #392