June 6, 2013 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Thursday, June 6, 2013
- The Senate will not be in session on Wednesday, June 5th in order to allow Senators to attend the funeral services of Senator Lautenberg.
- The Senate stands in adjournment under the provisions of S.Res.161, as a further mark of respect to the memory of the late Senator Frank R. Lautenberg of New Jersey. The Senate will convene at 9:00am on Thursday, June 6, 2013. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of S.954, the Farm bill.
- During Tuesday's session of the Senate, cloture was filed on S.954, the Farm bill. As a result, the filing deadline for first degree amendments to the bill is 1:00pm on Wednesday, June 5th (notwithstanding the Senate not being in session). The filing deadline for second degree amendments is 9:45am on Thursday, June 6th.
- Also during Tuesday's session, cloture was filed on the following items:
- At 10:00am, there will be 3 roll call votes on the following in the following order:
- Motion to invoke cloture on S.954, the Farm bill,
- Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to S.1003, A bill to amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to reset interest rates for new student loans (Coburn) and
- Motion to invoke cloture on the motion to proceed to S.953, the Student Loan Affordability Act (Reed).