June 2, 2009 07:59 PM
Senate Floor Wrap Up For Tuesday, June 02, 2009
- By unanimous consent, the Senate confirmed the nomination of Regine McCarthy to be an Assistant Administrator of the FDA.
- S. RES.137, a resolution recognizing and commending the people of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park on the 75th Anniversary of the establishment of the park.
- S. Res.139, a resolution commemorating the 20th anniversary of the end of communist rule in Poland.
- S. Res.157, a resolution recognizing Bread for the World, on the 35th anniversary of its founding, for its faithful advocacy on behalf of poor and hungry people in our country and around the world.
- S. Res.165, a resolution to encourage the recognition of 2009 as the "Year of the Military Family"
- S.Res.166, a resolution to authorize the printing of a collection of the rules of the committees of the Senate.