Votes in relation to S.3187, the FDA bill, as early as 12:15pmThere is a strong effort have 2 votes at 12:15pm, break for the DPCC lunch and then resume voting at 2:00pm. We hope to vote in relation to Bingaman amendment #2111 and Murkowski amendment #2108 before lunch.
The following amendments were agreed to by consent:
- Leahy amendment #2142, as modified;
- Portman amendment #2145, as modified; and
- Coburn amendment #2131.
Coburn amendment #2132 was withdrawn.
Portman amendment #2146, as modified, was agreed to by voice vote.
Today's votes include:
- Bingaman amendment #2111 (generic filings) (60-vote threshold);
- McCain amendment #2107 (reimportation) (60-vote threshold);
- Sanders amendment #2109 (criminal fraud/exclusivity) (60-vote threshold);
- Murkowski amendment #2108 (genetically engineered salmon) (60-vote threshold);
- Durbin amendment #2127 (dietary supplements);
- Paul amendment #2143 (supplements);
- Burr amendment #2130 (Congress - user fee negotiations);
- Passage of S.3187, as amended
--up to 10 minutes for debate--
- McConnell, or his designee, amendment, which is identical to the text of S.2366, the Interest Rate Reduction Act (60-vote threshold) and
- Passage of S.2343, as amended, if amended (60-vote threshold).