Wrap Up for Thursday, May 21, 2015Roll Call Votes
- Motion to invoke cloture on Hatch amendment #1221(substitute); invoked: 62-38.
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #25, Jill Parish, of Utah, to be U.S. District Judge for the Utah; confirmed: 100-0.
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #26, Jose Rolando Olvera, Jr. Of Texas, to be U.S. District Judge for the Southern District of Texas; confirmed: 100-0.
Completed the Rule 14 process to place on the Legislative Calendar of Business H.R.2353, Highway.
Passed H.R.1690 - Joseph F. Weis, Jr. United States Courthouse (Pittsburg, Pennsylvania)
Passed Calendar #64, S.261 - William J. Holloway, Jr. United States Courthouse (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Passed Calendar #65, S.612 - George P. Kazen Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse (Laredo, Texas)
Passed Calendar #81, S.501 - Navajo Water Rights
Adopted S.Res.168 - National Foster Care Month
Adopted S.Res.109 - acknowledging and honoring brave young men from Hawaii who enabled the United States to establish and maintain jurisdiction in remote equatorial islands as prolonged conflict in the Pacific led to World War II.
Adopted the following resolutions, en bloc:
S.Res.185 - Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month
S.Res.186 - Public Works Week
S.Res.187 - Bladder Cancer Awareness Month
Confirmed the following nominations by voice votes:
- Executive Calendar #74, Patricia Cahill, of Missouri, to be Member of the Board of Directors of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Executive Calendar#107, Mark Scarano, of New Hampshire, to be Federal Chairperson of the Northern Border Regional Commission
Confirmed the following nominations by unanimous consent:
#115 To be Rear Admiral
Rear Adm. (lh) John D. Alexander
Rear Adm. (lh) Ronald A. Boxall
Rear Adm. (lh) Robert P. Burke
Rear Adm. (lh) Matthew J. Carter
Rear Adm. (lh) Christopher W. Grady
Rear Adm. (lh) Michael E. Jabaley, Jr.
Rear Adm. (lh) Colin J. Kilrain
Rear Adm. (lh) Andrew L. Lewis
Rear Adm. (lh) DeWolfe H. Miller
Rear Adm. (lh) John P. Neagley
Rear Adm. (lh) Patrick A. Piercey
Rear Adm. (lh) Charles A. Richard
Rear Adm. (lh) Hugh D. Wetherald
Rear Adm. (lh) Ricky L. Williamson
#116 To be Rear Admiral (Lower Half)
Capt. Eugene H. Black, III
Capt. Dell D. Bull
Capt. William D. Byrne, Jr.
Capt. Edward B. Cashman
Capt. Moises Deltoro, III
Capt. Stephen C. Evans
Capt. Gregory J. Fenton
Capt. John V. Fuller
Capt. Michael P. Holland
Capt. Hugh W. Howard, III
Capt. Jeffrey W. Hughes
Capt. Thomas E. Ishee
Capt. Stephen T. Koehler
Capt. Yancy B. Lindsey
Capt. Francis D. Morley
Capt. Cathal S. O'Connor
Capt. Jeffrey E. Trussler
Capt. William W. Wheeler, III
#117 Maj. Gen. Jeffrey G. Lofgren - to be Lieutenant General
#118 Maj. Gen. Michael G. Dana - to be Lieutenant General
#119 Brig. Gen. Matthew P. Beevers - to be Major General
#120 Rear Adm. John N. Christenson - to be Vice Admiral
#121 Capt. Shoshana S. Chatfield - to be Rear Admiral (lower half)
#122 Rear Adm. James W. Crawford, III - to be Vice Admiral
All nominations placed on the Secretary's Desk in the Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, and Navy.