Schedule for Thursday, May 21, 2015Schedule for Thursday, May 21, 2015
The Senate stands adjourned until 9:00am on Thursday, May 21, 2015. Following leader remarks, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R.1314, the legislative vehicle for the Trade bill. There will be 1 hour for debate equally divided prior to a cloture vote on Hatch amendment #1221 (Trade substitute) to H.R.1314.
At 10:00am, there will be a cloture vote on the Hatch substitute amendment #1221. If cloture is not invoked, there would be a second vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the underlying bill, H.R.1314. If cloture is invoked on the substitute, there would be up to 30 hours of post-cloture debate prior to a vote on the substitute.
Before we leave for the Memorial Day weekend, the Senate is expected consider legislation related to FISA/USA Freedom Act and the Highway extension.
The following amendments are pending to H.R.1314, Trade:
- Hatch SA #1221 (substitute)
- Flake SA #1243 (strike TAA)
- Inhofe SA #1312, as modified (AGOA)
- McCain SA #1226 (catfish)
- Portman-Stabenow SA #1299 (currency manipulation)
- Brown SA #1251 (docking)
- Shaheen SA #1227 (small business)
- Warren SA #1327 (investor state dispute)
- Hatch #1411 to #1299, as modified (currency)