May 18, 2010 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Tuesday, May 18, 2010
- At 10:00am, there will be a period of morning business for 1 hour with senators permitted to speak there in for up to 10 minutes each. The Majority will control the first 30 minutes and the Republicans will control the final 30 minutes.
- This morning, Senator Menendez asked unanimous consent that the Senate take up and pass S.3305, The Big Oil Bailout Prevention Liability Act 2010.
- Senator Inhofe objected to the request.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of S.3217, Wall Street Reform. There will be up to 30 minutes for debate prior to a vote in relation to the Gregg amendment #4051 (State bailouts). The Gregg amendment is subject to a 60-vote threshold.
- The filing deadline for first degree amendments is 12:00 noon Tuesday.
- The Senate will recess from 12:30 until 2:15pm to allow for the weekly caucus luncheons.
- Roll call vote expected to begin around 7pm on Dodd motion to table the Dorgan amendment #4114.
- If the Dorgan amendment is tabled, the Senate would proceed to vote in relation to the Grassley amendment #4072 (Inspector General)