May 17, 2012 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Thursday, May 17, 2012
- Convenes: 9:30am
- Following the prayer and the pledge, the Majority Leader will be recognized.
- It is the Majority Leader's intention to begin consideration of the motion to proceed Calendar #400, S.3187, the FDA user fees bill with the time until 10:30am equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees with the Republicans controlling the first half and the Majority controlling the final half.
- At 10:30am, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider the following items:
- Executive Calendar #646, Jeremy C. Stein, of Massachusetts, to be a Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System for the unexpired term of fourteen years from February 1, 2004 and
- Executive Calendar #647, Jerome H. Powell, of Maryland, to be a Member of Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System for the unexpired term of fourteen years from February 1, 2000
- with up to 90 minutes of debate on the nominations equally divided and controlled between Senators Johnson (SD) and Shelby or their designees.
- Upon the use or yielding back of time (at approximately 12:00pm), the Senate will vote on confirmation of the nominations in the order listed above. Each nomination will require 60-votes in the affirmative.