May 12, 2009 07:59 PM
Senate Floor Wrap Up For Tuesday, May 12, 2009
- H.Con.Res.38, use of Capitol grounds for the national Peace Officers Memorial Service;
- S.Res.121, Endangered Species Day;
- S.Res.143, National MPS Awareness Day;
- S.Res.144, National Women's Health Week;
- S.Res.145, National Public Works Week.
- Confirmed the following nominations by unanimous consent:
- William Fugate to be Administrator FEMA;
- Cynthia Giles to be an Assistant Administrator EPA;
- Mathy Stanislaus-Assistant Administrator, Office of Solid Waste, EPA;
- Michelle Depass to be an Assistant Administrator EPA;
- John Morton to be Assistant Secretary Homeland Security.
- The Senate discharged the Agriculture Committee and confirmed the following nominations:
- Dallas Tonsager to be Under Secretary of Agriculture for Rural Development;
- Krysta Harden to be Assistant Secretary of of Agriculture;
- Rajiv J. Shah to be Under Secretary of Agriculture for Research, Education and Economics;
- Pearlie Reed to be Assistant Secretary of Agriculture.