May 4, 2011 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Wednesday, May 04, 2011
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to a period of morning business for debate only with Senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each with the time equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees, with the Majority controlling the first 30 minutes each and the Republicans controlling the next 30 minutes.
- The filing deadline for all 2nd degree amendments to S.493, the Small Business Jobs bill is at 11am on Wednesday.
- There will be up to 2 roll call votes at 12:15pm. The first roll call vote will be on the motion to invoke cloture on S.493, the small business jobs bill. If cloture is not invoked on the bill, the Senate will immediately proceed to a second roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the nomination of John McConnell to be US District Judge for the District of Rhode Island.
- The Senate is in a period of morning business until 7:30pm with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.
- There will be no further roll call votes today.