April 29, 2010 07:59 PM
Senate Floor Wrap Up For Thursday, April 29, 2010
- Passed HR3714, Daniel Pearl Freedom of the Press Act.
- Adopted H.Con.Res.264, a concurrent resolution authorizing the use of the Capitol grounds for the National Peace Officers' Memorial Service (the event will be held on May 15, 2010).
- Adopted S.Con.Res.61, a concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress that general aviation pilots and industry should be recognized for the contributions made in response to Haiti earth quake relief efforts.
- Adopted S.Con.Res.62, a concurrent resolution congratulating the outstanding professional public servants, both past and present, of the Natural Resources Conservation Service on the occasion of its 75th anniversary.
- Adopted S.Res.481, a resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that public servants should be commended for their dedication and continued service to the Nation during Public Service Recognition Week, May 3 through 9, 2010.
- Adopted S.Res.507, a resolution designating April 30, 2010, as "Dia de los Ninos: Celebrating Young Americans."
- Confirmed the following nominations:
- David Hale to be United States Attorney for the Western District of Kentucky;
- Kerry Harvery to be United States Attorney for th eEaster District of Kentucky;
- Alicia Anne Garrido Limtiaco to be United States Attorney for the district of Guam and concurerntly United States Attorney for the District of the Northern Mariana Islands;
- Kenneth Gonzales to be United States Attorney for the District of New Mexico