April 23, 2012 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Monday, April 23, 2012
- Convenes: 12:00pm
- Following the prayer and pledge, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to S.1925, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act.
- At 2:00pm, the Republican Leader or his designee will be recognized to make a motion to proceed to S.J.Res.36, a joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the National Labor Relations Board relating to representation election procedures with 2 hours of debate, equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees.
- At 4:00pm, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to S.1925, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act.
- At 5:00pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #528, the nomination of Brian C. Wimes, of MO, to be United States District Judge for the Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri with 30 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled between Senators Leahy and Grassley or their designees. Upon the use or yielding back of time (at approximately 5:30pm), there will be a roll call vote on confirmation of the Wimes nomination.
- On Thursday, the Senate reached an agreement to complete action on S.1789, the Postal Reform bill. The Majority Leader announced that the time from 12:00pm-2:00pm, 4:00pm-5:00pm and the time following the vote on Monday evening will be for Senators to debate their amendments to the Postal Reform bill.