April 22, 2010 07:59 PM
Senate Floor Wrap Up For Thursday, April 22, 2010
- Passed S.3244, a bill to prohibit a cost of living adjustment for members of Congress in 2011.
- The Senate confirmed the following nominations:
- Cal. #780 - William Nettles - U.S. Atty - South Carolina;
- Cal. #781 - Wildredo Ferrer - U.S. Atty - Southern District Florida;
- Cal. #795 - David Capp - U. S. Atty - Northern District Indiana;
- Cal. #796 - Anne Tompkins - U.S. Atty - Western District North Carolina;
- Cal. #797 - Kelly Nesbit - U.S. Marshal - Western District North Carolina;
- Cal. #798 - Peter Munoz - U.S. Marshal - Western District Michigan;
- Cal. #816 - Loretta Lynch - U.S. Atty - Eastern District New York;
- Cal. #817 - Noel March - U.S. Marshal - Maine;
- Cal. #818 - George White - U.S. Marshal - Southern District Mississippi;
- Cal. #819 - Brian Underwood - U.S. Marshal - Idaho;
- Secretary's Desk - Coast Guard, Foreign Service and NOAA; and
- All nominations on the Secretary's Desk in the Coast Guard, Foreign Service, and NOAA.
- Vice Adm. Robert J. Papp to be Admiral;
- Rear Adm. Sally Brice-O'Hara to be Vice Admiral;
- Rear Adm. Manson K. Brown to be Vice Admiral;
- Rear Adm. Robert C. Parker to be Vice Admiral
- Concurred in the House message to accompany S.1963, the Caregivers and Veterans Omnibus Health Services Act
- S.3253, a bill to provide for an additional temporary extension of programs under the Small Business Act and the Small Business Investment Act of 1958 (3-month extention from April 30, 2010 to July 31, 2010)
- Adopted S.Res.496, a resolution designating April 23, 2010, as "National Adopt A Library Day."
- Adopted S.Res.497, a resolution designating the third week of April 2010 as "National Shaken Baby Syndrome Awareness Week".
- H.Con.Res.255, a concurrent resolution commemorating the 40th anniversary of Earth Day and honorin the founder of Earth Day, the late Senator Gaylord Nelson (with a Coburn amendment to the preamble).
- S.Res.499, a resolution supporting the goals and ideals of World Malaria Day.