April 20, 2009 10:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Monday, April 20, 2009
- Resume consideration of the motion to proceed to Calendar #28, S.386, the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act of 2009. On Thursday, April 2 Senator Reid filed cloture on the motion to proceed to S.386.
- At 5:30pm, the Senate will turn to Executive Session and will conduct a series of votes in relation to the following nominations:
- Confirmation of Tony West, of California, to be an Assistant Attorney General; - Confirmation of Lanny A. Breuer, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Attorney General; - Confirmation of Christine Anne Varney, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Attorney General.
- There will then be 20 minutes for debate on the nomination of Christopher Hill.
- Cloture Vote on the nomination of Christopher Hill, of Rhode Island, a Career Member of the Senior Foreign Service, Class of Career Minister, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Republic of Iraq.
- There will be no further roll call votes during today's session.