April 15, 2010 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Thursday, April 15, 2010
- Morning Business for 1 hour with senators permitted to speak for up to 10 minutes each. The Majority will control the first 30 minutes and the Republicans will control the final 30 minutes.
- Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R.4851, Continuing Extension Act.
- As a reminder, cloture motions were filed on the substitute and the bill. The filing deadline for first degree amendments is 1:00pm.
- Prior to adjourning, Senator Reid filed cloture on the following Executive nominations:
- Lael Brainard, of the District of Columbia, to be an Under Secretary of the Treasury; - Marisa J. Demeo, of the district of Columbia, to be an Associate Judge of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia; - Christopher H. Schroeder, of North Carolina, to be an Assistant Attorney General; - Thomas I. Vanaskie, of Pennsylvania, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Third Circuit; and - Denny Chin, of New York, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Second Circuit.
- By unanimous consent, the cloture vote on the Brainard nomination will occur at 5:30pm on Monday, April 19.