April 9, 2013 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Tuesday, April 9, 2013
- The Senate stands in adjournment until 10:00am on Tuesday, April 9, 2013.
- Following any Leader remarks, it is expected Senator Reid will renew the motion to proceed to Legislative Calendar #32, S.649, the Safe Communities, Safe Schools Act of 2013 . The time until 11:30am will be equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each with the Majority controlling the first 30 minutes and the Republicans controlling the second 30 minutes.
- At 11:30am, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #14, the nomination of Patty Shwartz, of New Jersey, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Third Circuit. There will be up to 30 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled between Senators Leahy and Grassley or their designees.
- Upon use or yielding back of time (at approximately 12:00pm), there will be a roll call vote on confirmation of the Shwartz nomination.
- The Senate will recess from 12:30pm until 2:15pm to allow for the weekly caucus meetings.