As a result, senators should expect 2 roll call votes to begin in the 4:15pm range:
- Republican motion to table a pending Reid amendment to H.R.3979, the legislative vehicle for the Emergency Unemployment Benefits Extension Act
- Vitter motion to appeal the ruling of the chair. The question before the body would be: Shall the decision of the Chair stand? ( a yes vote would uphold the chair's ruling and the Senate's precedents)
As a reminder, it is in order to consider the Malinowski, Wu and Birx nominations today. We hope to confirm the nominations by voice votes.
- Executive Calendar #520 Tomasz P. Malinowski, of the District of Columbia, to be Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor;
- Executive Calendar #679 Portia Y. Wu, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Secretary of Labor; and
- Executive Calendar #705 Deborah L. Birx, of Maryland, to be Ambassador at Large and Coordinator of United States Government Activities to Combat HIV/AIDS Globally.
At a time to be determined today, there will be 2 minutes for debate equally divided in the usual form on each nomination prior to a vote on confirmation of the nominations in the order listed. If roll call votes are required, all roll call votes after the first would be 10 minutes in length.