Further, if cloture is invoked on the Owens nomination, all post cloture time will be considered expired at 5:30pm, Monday, March 31st, and the Senate will proceed to vote on confirmation of the Owens nomination. Upon disposition of the Owens nomination, the Senate resume Legislative Session and, if cloture is invoked on the motion to proceed to H.R.3979, then all post-cloture time be considered expired and the Senate proceed to consideration of the bill.
Following the cloture vote on motion to proceed to H.R.3979 today, there will be 2 minutes for debate equally divided prior to a vote on confirmation of Confirmation of Executive Calendar #700, Mathew H. Tueller, to be Ambassador to the Republic of Yemen.
There is still hope that we reach an agreement on the SGR legislation today. Another message will be sent if and when any agreement is reached.
- Cloture on Cloture on Executive Calendar #573, John B. Owens, of CA, to be US Circuit Judge for the Ninth Circuit
- Cloture on motion to proceed to H.R.3979, the legislative vehicle for the Unemployment Insurance extension
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #700, Mathew H. Tueller, to be Ambassador to the Republic of Yemen (expect a voice vote)
- Confirmation of Owens nomination
- Adoption of MTP to H.R.3979, UI