Up to 7 roll call votes at 4:40pmThe Senate has reached an agreement that results in a series of up to 7 roll call votes at 4:40pm.
Under the agreement, the time until 4:40pm is equally divided between the managers, or their designees. At 4:40pm, the Senate will vote in relation to the following amendments in the order listed, with no second degree amendments in order prior to each vote. There will be 2 minutes for debate between each vote. All votes after the first will be 10 minute votes.
4:40pm-up to 7 roll call votes:
- Sanders amendment #474 (Veterans)- side by side to Ayotte #400 (Veterans Choice)
- Ayotte amendment #400 (Veterans Choice)
- Fischer amendment #409 (to establish a deficit equal pay) side by side to Mikulski amendment 362 (equal pay for equal work)
- Mikulski amendment 362 (equal pay for equal work)
- Hatch side by side to Sanders on Social Security (text can be found below)
- Wyden-Sanders-Whitehouse amendment #471 (Social Security)
- Cornyn amendment #357 (President's Budget)
Purpose: To establish a deficit-neutral reserve fund for legislation submitted to Congress by President Obama to protect and strengthen Social Security.
At the appropriate place insert the following:
SEC. ____. DEFICIT-NEUTRAL RESERVE FUND TO PROTECT AND STRENGTHEN SOCIAL SECURITY
The Chairman of the Senate Committee on the Budget may revise the allocations of a committee or committees, aggregates, and other appropriate levels in this resolution for one or more bills, joint resolutions, amendments, amendments between houses, motions, or conference reports relating to legislation submitted to Congress by the President to protect current beneficiaries and prevent the insolvency of Social Security, by the amounts provided in such legislation for that purpose, provided that such legislation would not increase the deficit over either the period of the total of fiscal years 2016 through 2020 or the period of the total of fiscal years 2016 through 2025.