March 17, 2010 05:30 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Wednesday, March 17, 2010
- The Senate will convene at 9:30am and will immediately resume consideration of the House Message on HR2847, HIRE Act. There will then be up to 10 minutes for debate equally divided and controlled between Senators Gregg and Schumer or their designees. We expect Senator Gregg to make a Budget point of order.
- At approximately 9:45am, the Senate will proceed to a series of 2 roll call votes. Those votes will be in relation to the following items:
- Motion to waive Gregg Budget point of order, and - Motion to concur in the House amendments to the Senate amendment to the House amendment to the Senate amendment to HR2847, the legislative vehicle for the HIRE Act. (This vote is essentially on passage of the bill.)
- Upon disposition of the HIRE Act, the Senate will resume consideration of HR1586, the legislative vehicle for FAA Reauthorization.
- The Senate will recess from 12:30 until 2:00pm for a special Democratic caucus.
- When the Senate reconvenes at 2:00pm there will be a live quorum. When a quorum is present, the Senate will receive the House managers for the purpose of presenting and exhibiting articles of impeachment against G. Thomas Porteous, Jr., Judge of the United States for the Eastern District of Louisiana. Once the House managers are received, senators will be sworn in and then senators are required to sign the Secretary's oath book.
- Additional roll call votes in relation to FAA amendments are expected throughout the day.
- The Senate has reached an agreement to proceed to Executive Session to consider the nomination of calendar #653, the nomination of O. Rogeriee Thompson to be a U.S. Circuit Judge for the First Circuit. The time until 3:30pm will be equally divided and controlled between Senators Whitehouse and Sessions or their designees, with Senator Reed (RI) controlling up to 5 minutes. Upon the use or yielding back of time, the Senate will proceed to vote on confirmation of the nomination.
- Senators should expect a roll call vote at 3:30pm on confirmation of the Thompson nomination.