March 16, 2011 07:59 PM
Senate Floor Wrap Up For Wednesday, March 16, 2011
- Adopted H.Con.Res.27, a concurent resolution providing for the acceptance of a statue of Gerald R. Ford from the people of Michigan for placement in the United States Capitol.
- Adopted S.Res.94, a resolution to express the sense of the Senate in support of reducing its budget by at least five percent.
- Adopted S.Res.103, a resolution providing for members on the part of the Senate of the Joint Committee on Printing and the Joint Committee of Congress on the Library.
- The Senate confirmed the following nominations by UC:
- #50 Lt. Gen. Purl K. Keen - Lieutenant General
- #51 Gen. Martin E. Dempsey - General
- #52 Maj. Gen. Joseph L. Votel - Lieutenant General
- #53 Brig. Gen. Donald L. Rutherford - Major General
- #54 Maj. Gen. Donald M. Campbell, Jr. - Lieutenant General
- #55 Maj. Gen. Thomas L. Conant - Lieutenant General
- #56 Lt. Gen. John F. Kelly - Lieutenant General
- #57 Rear Adm. James P. Wisecup - Vice Admiral
- #58 Vice Adm. Joseph D. Kernan - Vice Admiral
- All nominations placed on the Secretary's Desk in the Air Force, Army, Marine Corps, and Navy.