March 15, 2011 06:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule For Tuesday, March 15, 2011
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will proceed to a period of morning business until 11:00am, with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each, with the Majority controlling the first half and the Republicans controlling the final half.
- Following morning business, the Senate will proceed to the consideration of S.493, SBIR and STTR Reauthorization.
- The following amendments are pending to S.493, SBIR and STTR Reauthorization Act of 2011:
- Nelson (NE) #182 (Sense of the Senate regarding a 5% cut in Senate budget) - McConnell amendment #183 (Prohibits the EPA from regulating carbon pollution) - Vitter amendment #178 (require Federal government to sell unused Federal real property). - Johanns amendment #161 (1099 repeal) - Snowe amendment #193 (strikes Federal authorization of the National Veterans Business Development program)
- The Senate will recess from 12:30pm until 2:15pm for the weekly caucus meetings.
- At 2:15pm, Senator Coats will be recognized to speak for up to 30 minutes to deliver his maiden speech. Following his statement, Senator Portman will be recognized to speak for up to 15 minutes to deliver his maiden speech.
- There will be no roll call votes this evening.
- The Senate is in a period of morning business with senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.