Senate Floor Wrap Up for Thursday, March 13, 2014Roll Call Votes
2) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #686, the nomination of Caroline Diane Krass, of the District of Columbia, to be General Counsel of the Central Intelligence Agency; Confirmed: 95-4
3) Passage of S.1086, the Child Care and Development Block Grant Reauthorization Act, as amended; Passed: 96-2
4) Passage of H.R.3370, the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2013; Passed: 72-22
Additional Legislative items
Passed S.2137, To ensure that holders of flood insurance policies under the National Flood Insurance Program do not receive premium refunds for coverage of second homes by voice vote.
Discharged the Banking committee and passed S.1456, a bill to award the Congressional Gold Medal to Shimon Peres with a Bennet amendment.
Passed S.2147, a bill to amend Public Law 112-59 to provide for the display of the congressional gold medal awarded to the Montford Point Marines, United States Marine Corps, by the Smithsonian Institution and at other appropriate locations.
Passed H.R. 4076, Home Heating Emergency Assistance Through Transportation Act of 2014.
Discharged the Indian Affairs committee and passed H.R.2650, a bill to allow the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa in the State of Minnesota to lease or transfer certain land.
Adopted S.Res.375, concerning the crisis in the Central African Republic and supporting United States and international efforts to end the violence, protect civilians, and address root causes of the conflict with committee-reported amendments to the resolution and the preamble.
Adopted S.Res.376, Supporting the goals of International Women's Day with a Shaheen-Kirk-Lee amendment to the preamble.
Adopted S.Res.377, a resolution recognizing the 193rd anniversary of the independence of Greece and celebrating democracy in Greece and the United States.
Adopted S.Res.388, designating March 22, 2014, as "National Rehabilitation Counselors Appreciation Day."
Adopted S.Res.389, designating the week of March 9, 2014 through March 15, 2014, as "National Youth Synthetic Drug Awareness Week".
Adopted S.Res.390, designating March 11, 2014, as "World Plumbing Day".
Adopted S.Res.391, a resolution designating Jean M. Manning as Chief Counsel for Employment Emeritus of U.S. Senate.
Adopted S.Res.392, a resolution to authorize document production and representation in Care One Management LLC, et al. v. United Healthcare Workers East, SEIU 1199, et al.
Began the Rule 14 process of the following item in order to place the bills on the Legislative Calendar:
- H.R.3474, the Hire More Heroes Act
- H.R.3979, Protecting Volunteer Firefighters and Emergency Responder Act and
- S.2148, the Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014 (Reed-Heller and others)
Completed the Rule 14 process of S.2122, the Responsible Medicare SGR Repeal and Beneficiary Improvement Act (Hatch) in order to place the bill on the Legislative Calendar.
Additional Executive items
Confirmed the following by voice vote:
- Executive Calendar #634 Puneet Talwar - to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Political-Military Affairs)
- Executive Calendar #625 Joseph Pius Pietrzyk - to be a Member of the Board of Directors of the Legal Services Corporation for a term expiring July 13, 2014 (Reappointment)
- Executive Calendar #550 Dwight L. Bush, Sr - to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Kingdom of Morocco
- Executive Calendar #647 Arun Madhavan Kumar - to be Assistant Secretary of Commerce and Director General of the United States and Foreign Commercial Service
- Executive Calendar #551 Timothy M. Broas - to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Kingdom of the Netherlands