The Senate stands adjourned until 9:30am on Thursday, March 12, 2015.
Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business for one hour, with the Republicans controlling the first half and Democrats controlling the final half. Following morning business, the Senate will resume consideration of S.178, a bill to provide justice for the victims of trafficking.
At 1:30pm, the Senate will enter Executive Session for up to 30 minutes equally divided on Executive Calendar #20 and #16.
Approximately 2:00pm-1 roll call vote, 1 voice vote expected:
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #20, Christopher A. Hart, of Colorado, to be Chairman of the National Transportation Safety Board for a term of two years;
- Confirmation of Executive Calendar #16, Tho Dinh-Zarr, of Texas, to be a Member of the National Transportation Safety Board for the remainder of the term expiring December 31, 2018 (voice vote expected).
Amendments pending to S.178
- Portman amendment #270 (identification and assessment of child victims of sex trafficking)
- Portman amendment #271 (definition of "homeless person")
- Vitter second degree amendment #284 (citizenship) to Portman #271