March 5, 2013 09:00 AM
Senate Floor Schedule for Tuesday, March 5, 2013
- The Senate stands in adjournment until 10:00am on Tuesday, March 5, 2013.
- Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in morning business until 11:45am with time equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees with the Majority controlling the first 30 minutes and the Republicans controlling the second 30 minutes.
- Following morning business, the Senate will begin consideration of S.Res.64, an original resolution authorizing expenditures by committees of the Senate for the period March 1, 2013, through September 30, 2013.
- The only amendment in order to the resolution is a Paul amendment, striking provisions relative to the National Security Working Group with up to 30 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled.
- Upon the use or yielding back of time (at approximately 12:15pm), there will be a roll call vote on adoption of the Paul amendment. Upon the disposition of the Paul amendment, the Senate will vote on adoption of S.Res.64, as amended, if amendment (expected voice vote).
- The Senate will recess from 12:30pm until 2:15pm to allow for the weekly caucus meetings.
- During Monday's session, cloture was filed on Executive Calendar #13, the nomination of Caitlin Joan Halligan, of New York, to be United States Circuit Judge for the District of Columbia Circuit. Under the rule, the cloture vote will be on Wednesday morning.