Senate Floor Schedule for Monday, March 3, 2014The Senate will convene at 2:00pm on Monday, March 3, 2014. Following any Leader remarks, the Senate will be in a period of morning business until 5:00pm with Senators permitted to speak therein for up to 10 minutes each.
At 5:00pm, the Senate will proceed to Executive Session to consider Executive Calendar #659, the nomination of Debo P. Adegbile, of New York, to be an Assistant Attorney General with up to 30 minutes of debate equally divided and controlled in the usual form.
At 5:30pm, there will be a roll call vote on the motion to invoke cloture on the Adegbile nomination.
During Thursday's session of the Senate, cloture was filed on the following items in the following order. The number of post-cloture debate hours for each nominee is in parenthesis.
- Executive Calendar #659, Debo Adegbile to be Assistant Attorney General (8 equally-divided hours);
- Executive Calendar #568, Pedro A. Delgado Hernandez to be U.S. District Judge for the District of Puerto Rico (2 equally-divided hours);
- Executive Calendar #569, Pamela Reeves to be U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Tennessee (2 equally-divided hours);
- Executive Calendar #565, Timothy Brooks to be U.S. District Judge for the Western District of Arkansas (2 equally-divided hours);
- Executive Calendar #571, Vince Chhabria to be U.S. District Judge for the Northern District of California (2 equally-divided hours);
- Executive Calendar #636, Rose Gottemoeller to be Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security (8 equally-divided hours); and
- Motion to proceed to Legislative Calendar #309, S.1086, the Child Care and Development Block Grant.
As a reminder, when cloture is filed sequentially on several items, the Senate will consider one motion at a time. If cloture is invoked on the Adegbile nomination, there would be up to 8 hours for debate equally divided prior to a vote on confirmation of the nomination. If cloture is not invoked or upon disposition of the nomination, the Senate would immediately proceed to the cloture vote on the Hernandez nomination. If cloture is invoked on the Hernandez nomination, there would be up to 2 hours for debate prior to a vote on confirmation of the nomination. Upon disposition of the Gottemoeller nomination, the next vote will be on cloture on the motion to proceed to S.1086, the Child Care and Development Block Grant Act. We hope to vitiate the cloture motion and adopt the motion to proceed by consent and begin legislating on the bill.