February 27, 2015 09:34 AM
Up to 5 votes expected at 10:00am--re: DHS and immigrationThe Senate has resumed consideration of H.R.240, DHS appropriations. The time until 10:00am is equally divided between the two Leaders, or their designees. At 10:00am, there will be a cloture vote on the bill. If cloture is invoked, there will be up to 10 minutes for debate for Senator Lee. We expect Senator Lee to make a motion to table one of the tree filler amendments. If made, there would be 4 additional votes. The vote sequence can be found below. We expect all votes after the first vote to be 10 minutes in duration.
Approx 10:00am on Friday, February 27-up to 5 roll call votes:
- Cloture on H.R.240, DHS appropriations
- Possible Lee motion to table one of the tree filler amendments
- Adoption of Cochran-Mikulski-Shaheen amendment #255 (clean DHS funding)
- Passage of H.R.240, Department of Homeland Security appropriations
- Cloture on the motion to proceed to S. 534, a bill to prohibit funds from being used to carry out certain Executive actions related to immigration and for other purposes.