Senate Floor Wrap Up for Thursday, February 27, 2014Roll Call Votes
1) Graham motion to table the Reid motion to commit S.1982, the Comprehensive Veterans Health and Benefits and Military Retirement Pay Restoration Act of 2014; Not Agreed to: 44-52
2) Sanders motion to waive all applicable Budget points of order with respect to S.1982; Not Waived: 56-41
3) Confirmation of Executive Calendar #561, Michael L. Connor, of New Mexico, to be Deputy Secretary of Interior; Confirmed: 97-0
Additional Legislative items
Adopted S.Res.366, Expressing support for the goals and ideals of Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Week.
Adopted S.Res.367, Designating March 3, 2014, as "Read Across America Day".
Adopted S.Res.368, Designating February 28, 2014, as "Rare Disease Day".
Began the Rule 14 process of the following items in order to place the bills on the Legislative Calendar:
- S.2066, Prohibit Intentional Discrimination by IRS Employee (Cruz)
- S.2067, Prohibit Treasury from assigning tax status to organizations based on political beliefs and activities (Cruz)
- S.2062, the Constitutional Check and Balance Act (Paul) and
- H.R.3865, the Stop Targeting of Political Beliefs by the IRS Act (Republican request)
No additional Executive items